Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Gulick House

Today, I was invited to go to the beach with my parents. Since I was in desperate need of a tan I took them up on their offer! In order to entertain me while I tanned, I grabbed the next book I wanted to read which was The Gulick House

4 hours and an uneven tan/burning later I finished the book and now I feel like I must tell people about it!

The Gulick House was written by Ari Sims, a friend of my friend Matt

I had accidently stumbled upon this book when Matt brought it into school with him to start reading. He let me read the back, and it caught my interest. I told Matt that it did and he should get it for my birthday, and he did! He even got it signed by Ari 8p

The back of the book:
"When 18-year-old Stanley Gulick meets 15-year-old Emily Meyers during the summer of 1988, everything seems to be perfect. However, there are many things that Stanley does not know about her. Before he realizes what he gets himself into, Emily begins highschool and falls in love with Hugh, a senior in one of her classes.

After Stanley gets his heart severely broken, he then moves to the Jersey Shores and falls in love with Jennifer, an underage stripper. Although Emily continues to haunt his mind for years to come, things finally seem to get better. That is, until he moves into his new home and discovers that Rachel Phillips, the 16-year-old girl next door, looks almost exactly like Emily."


If you wish to learn more about The Gulick House, please check out its personal website: http://thegulickhouse.webs.com/

This book is not yet on shelves, you can only buy it on the site above, and I believe it is also available on Amazon now

WARNING: This book contains extreme sexual contents and adult themes

Please support Ari and get her book! I told her on facebook that I read her book and she was extremely happy about it! She's extremely proud of her book, it took her 5 years to write and she is currently only 18! She says this will be the only book she ever writes, but who knows, maybe if she can see how much people like her writing maybe she'll be inspired the continue writing.


"She felt that she would never, ever live like a normal teenager. All she knew was the little life her parent's allowed her to have. That is, until she met him."
- Page 11, The Gulick House

No comments:

Post a Comment