Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Alittle Faith Restored + Side Note

I now know how I want my funeral to be

Today I attended my Aunt Judy's mother's funeral.

My Aunt Judy really isn't my aunt, she's my godfather's wife, but I call her my aunt. As for her mother, I've never met her in my life. So I figured I'd kinda just be sitting there.

Wrong. This funeral brought me to tears.

Most people know how funerals go. Fancy church, mainly whatever one the deceased or the host goes to. Over 100 people. Priest. 2 hours of boring hymms and prayers.

This one just...was so touching...

It was held at a tiny little church, there was less than 100 people, idk if it even broke 50 or not. It was only an hour long. There were few prayers and hymms given by a woman.

There were two parts of this funeral that touched me the most.

First was my Aunt Judy's Granddaughter. She came up and sang a hymm for us. Dear god she has such a pretty voice and shes like 6 years old. She sang because her great grandma always loved to hear her sing at church

The second part. At some funerals there are those who write little speeches about the deceased. At this one there was that, sorta. They were more of just telling memories about the deceased. Everything I heard about my Aunt Judy's mother was just...so good... This woman was so unselfish and dedicated her life to giving and helping her family and friends.

The woman who was leading the cermony even thought the way I did. She had never met the deceased before. But, after speaking to the family and hearing all this memories she said herself that she had felt cheated to have never met the deceased and that the deceased's family was the way a family should be. Caring and helping each other and always being there.

It makes me wonder now what will be said when I'll die... Will I be remembered in a good way like my Aunt Judy's mother? Or will people speak nothing good of me? I wish I could attend my own funeral, just to hear...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a side note. Tomorrow I'm leaving for Florida. I'm going to visit My Aunt Jill and Johndra, take pictures of their daschunds Beri and Sera, and finally see their new cat Wilson! I won't be back until the 11th, so no blogging until then.

Bye!


"I see the world in a swirl of hues,but my favorite color is shame."
-Theatre, Gatsbys American Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment